RSS Feed

  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Stumble

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Nyonya Jetset

Today is a public holiday for us. Happy New Year 1432H for moslems!

I was spending the day since I woke up this morning by reading a book, Nyonya Jetset. It's written by Alberthiene Endah. My brother bought that book actually. I was attracted to read that because of the prolog story on the 2nd page of it. In fact, the story is based on a true story.

It tells us a shocking story about a woman who becomes a very rich woman in a very sudden. She gets married to a very rich man, owns heaps of companies, but she's never allowed to socialize with others, even her closest friends. It feels like she's got jailed by her husband. She never feels happy through her marriage. She gets hit a lot almost every single day and in that time she gets cured by her own doctor, the one that her husband hires to.

I've never thought before that YES there are some 'Mrs. Jetset' in this world. They come up in every glamour party to show their existence, carrying a Hermes Bag, wearing a Valentino satin dress, a Prada clutch bag and in a pair of Louboutin stilleto shoes, no matter how hard their life is. For the sake of having a luxurious lifestyle, they show their fake happy face. Their own life is driven by her husband.

Knowing this story has given me different thoughts of socialite ladies. Their life is actually not as happy as I thought hehehe.



Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

0 comments:

Post a Comment